• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hello from Greece

mav

Apprentice Member
First Name
Mavroidis
Thank you all for your comments.This was a realy warm welcome.:banana:
Special thanks to Dalboy and penfold1 for the Ελληνικό καλωσόρισμα!!
Merry Chrismas to all.
Mavroidis

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Thank you all for your comments.This was a realy warm welcome.:banana:
Special thanks to Dalboy and penfold1 for the Ελληνικό καλωσόρισμα!!
Merry Chrismas to all.
Mavroidis

You are welcome. I was fortunate in that I lived in Cyprus for 3 years when I was still at school Just north of Limassol a place called Polemidia, so I picked up a few words in Greek.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Is it nearly Christmas already:whistling:

Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Mav, why don't you make some more posts and join in the competition, we know you can make closed end pens so get you post count up and you can enter the competition. Tell us a bit more about the wood you have access to and do you turn other things or just pens?

Peter

mav

Apprentice Member
First Name
Mavroidis
Mav, why don't you make some more posts and join in the competition, we know you can make closed end pens so get you post count up and you can enter the competition. Tell us a bit more about the wood you have access to and do you turn other things or just pens?

Peter

Peter,thank you for the tip. I already post some pens and a shaving set.
All the pen blanks and pen kits I use are from US. Bear tooth woods - Woodturningz - Exotic blanks.
A fellow IAP member send me some Buckeye burl and Big leaf maple burl a few days ago.(thank you Rocky)
Ι recently purchase a few blanks from Turners workshop.(very pretty AUS burls and some plastics)
Here in Greece I can find wood like olive,beech,walnut,pine,maple but in raw form.
I dont have a bandsaw so I cannot use them,yet.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Peter,thank you for the tip. I already post some pens and a shaving set.
All the pen blanks and pen kits I use are from US. Bear tooth woods - Woodturningz - Exotic blanks.
A fellow IAP member send me some Buckeye burl and Big leaf maple burl a few days ago.(thank you Rocky)
Ι recently purchase a few blanks from Turners workshop.(very pretty AUS burls and some plastics)
Here in Greece I can find wood like olive,beech,walnut,pine,maple but in raw form.
I dont have a bandsaw so I cannot use them,yet.

Hi Mav, it must be difficult without a bandsaw. Do you have any places in Greece that sell pen kits or do you always have to buy from abroad?

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).