• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Help is required

Garno

Fellow
First Name
Gary
As some of you know I have been ill for the last 10 years or so, Sadly I will never be 100% again. Oh dear, how sad, lets move on.

As you know I took up pen making as a form of therapy, something to motivate me enough to get out of bed and do something a few times a week.
Being ex Army I am of the mindset that I can do everything myself and as such never ask for help, I usually refuse any kind of help if offered, Yes I know it's foolish but hey hoi.

I tell you this for one reason, that is so you understand that my 2 hours in the shed is akin to your 8 hours. I tire very fast, when I went for training at Neil Lawton's place I was up for the full day that then ended with me spending the next 3 days in bed trying to recover.

I sort of enjoy this pen making, but it wears me down, and try as I might I still struggle with finishing. It's not what I am doing but how I am doing it, you folks have been so patient with me it has reached a stage where I no longer ask, I will get it right in the end I just need to keep plugging away at it.

With being ill it is vital that I make my pen turning as smooth as possible, yesterday I realised that I fail at the very first step and that is picking a kit. I have all of my kits in 3 small drawers under the workbench (an old kitchen top) and I spend far too long sifting through them to find a kit, it reached the stage where I no longer wanted to do it, I change my mind too many times depending on the jacket I will use.

To make that part easier I spent all day yesterday emptying the 3 small drawers and writing on each kit packet what it actually was, I had to separately identify and mark up around 150 kits. I am going to empty a larger drawer also under the worktop and put them all in there. With luck I will no longer have to dig around when looking, I will use the right hand side for Fountain pens. I still have about 30 - 40 kits to mark up and they are spread over 7 different kits.

The thread title is Help is required, I am not asking for any free labour, I am not asking for financial help, nor am I asking for any free goods as in blanks or kits. I really wore myself out yesterday trying to identify everything and I hate admitting defeat but these 7 kit identities have me beaten, I have a nagging feeling that I have already identified them in the others but I cant see where, so with shame I ask yet again for your help in identifying these 7 kits. I have my permanent marker poised to mark them all.

Attachments

• IMG_0102.JPG
    IMG_0102.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0103.JPG
    IMG_0103.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0104.JPG
    IMG_0104.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0105.JPG
    IMG_0105.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0106.JPG
    IMG_0106.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0107.JPG
    IMG_0107.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0108.JPG
    IMG_0108.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0109.JPG
    IMG_0109.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 34

Garno

Fellow
First Name
Gary
This is the others

Attachments

• IMG_0112.JPG
    IMG_0112.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0111.JPG
    IMG_0111.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0110.JPG
    IMG_0110.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0113.JPG
    IMG_0113.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0114.JPG
    IMG_0114.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0115.JPG
    IMG_0115.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0116.JPG
    IMG_0116.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0117.JPG
    IMG_0117.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 34

Garno

Fellow
First Name
Gary
Arrrggghhhh I talked myself out #6 being an Omega no idea why.
[MENTION=165]silver[/MENTION] thank you ever so much I am now going to label each one up except of course for #5 :funny:

Garno

Fellow
First Name
Gary
184 all marked up and ready to go to the shed (Be tomorrow now)

Thinking maybe I should print out the kit names and put them in the relevant packs :whistling:

Garno

Fellow
First Name
Gary
The kits are mainly those I have purchased from others and came with no identification on them, I have been lucky in that the folks I have purchased from are packing in pen making altogether.

Whilst not paying full price they have still cost me a pretty penny to say the least, the thing is I just can't resist a bargain, regardless if I need it or not.

I only needed to mark about 160 of them :wink:

TVS

Fellow
First Name
Woody
You should always ask Eamonn likes showing off his pen knowledge lol

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).