• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Homemade Carbide Handle

21William

Fellow
First Name
William
I made the tool for a mate and the handle for myself. Neither were intended specifically for pen turning. Having said that a mate has turned several pens with the carbide tool I made for him and he loves it.

qquake2k

Fellow
First Name
Jim
They both seem awfully long for pens I feel very happy using shorter ones for pens, ideal for larger items. With the longer handles you can lose the sensitive touch for many of todays cast blanks you seem to prefer Jim.

Peter

I have both short and long handled chisels that I've used on pens. I haven't had any problems using either on wood or acrylic blanks.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Recently I have gone back to using my similar chisel I found it outstanding on Snake Wood and the like enjoy yours mate.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).