• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

homemade pressure pot

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
Ok taking on board what others have said i soldered the outside
then hit it with a blow torch to seal it20150118_105658.jpg
20150118_111748.jpg20150118_115624.jpg
then screwed it down.

Treeesa

Graduate Member
First Name
Andy
Hi Frankie. As a fellow engineer I admire the spirit of what you are doing but please get it independently pressure tested before you use it . The lid is my main worry but a pressure test will give you peace of mind. Failing that can have your lathe if it goes wrong.........:devil:

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
Hi Frankie. As a fellow engineer I admire the spirit of what you are doing but please get it independently pressure tested before you use it . The lid is my main worry but a pressure test will give you peace of mind. Failing that can have your lathe if it goes wrong.........:devil:
:funny: Andy i am going to test it from a safe distance but
thats half the fun cheers Frankie.

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
Made the lid today its not perfect but its a start.20150118_151544.jpg
Made the o ring and trimmed the steel plate20150118_141456.jpg
Then tried securing the lid with pull clamps it worked but i changed
For this method20150118_184115.jpg just need to get a gauge
and test it sorry the pics are mixed up.

Attachments

• 20150118_152056.jpg
    20150118_152056.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 32

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
It looks good to me Frankie, what sort of pressure are you going to put in it? A good way to pressure test something is to get er indoors to turn it on first. Get her to put 1/2 as much again as what your working pressure will be. If she still comes out with her hair not ruffled then its safe to use :thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
You need to go into the lions den Frankie .. I am sure that one of them would take you on .. :winking:

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
It looks good to me Frankie, what sort of pressure are you going to put in it? A good way to pressure test something is to get er indoors to turn it on first. Get her to put 1/2 as much again as what your working pressure will be. If she still comes out with her hair not ruffled then its safe to use :thumbs:
I think thats a great idea :devil:

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
You need to go into the lions den Frankie .. I am sure that one of them would take you on .. :winking:
Jim this one is just a test run it helped me see what i need to do
the next time il keep the lid for the next one imean if this works fine then i may just use it but i have my doubts cheers Frankie.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).