• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

How many of you have bought

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I was thinking about Scouse Roy's resin and wood bowl and thought that the Box I bought from AussieBurls would be really useful in making similar castings to Roy especially with such lovely burr blanks, you could even use the blanks to make hybrid blanks.

Now that AussieBurls is having a sale, I would snap it up, the normal price is cheap enough, but with the sale, you would be mad not to grab at least one box if not two or more. I have just talked myself into buying another box as I will be making some of the bowl blanks and of course more of the hybrid pen blanks. If you are near to another member, buy a box between you, you will not be disappointed.

Here are a couple of videos to help you if you decide to give it a go.

Peter

Resin and Timber Offcuts Bowl - YouTube

Wood & Resin Blanks DIY - YouTube

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I must order another before I forget, were you as pleased with them as I was? Great value really.

Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I have just ordered two more Boxes of the shorts and seconds, I didn't realise the postage is the same for 2 boxes as for one so these boxes are incredible value, I am thinking I should have got 4.

It works out at £26.20 per box when you buy two boxes, including postage as against £39.00 per box when I bought my first one.

Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I tried doing that with polyester resin and the resin shrunk away from the wood.:sob:

What did you do wrong, polyester resin shrinks, but it doesn't shrink away from embedded items, it shrinks as a whole so will shrink away from the confines of the resin, i.e. the mould.

Peter

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I have enough top burl blanks to make hundreds of those bowls in another shed. Trying to take a leaf out of your book Peter and clearing if I can my several sheds and stash.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).