• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

How was your Christmas?

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
So... how was your Christmas?

We had a packed house with all the family together for the first time in ages. Great to have the youngest here particularly at Christmas. The last of them went home yesterday, and a good job our recycling bins were emptied yesterday too.

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Nice and quiet at ours. Too much to eat as usual. The wife bought a rib of beef that was way way too big. I didn't have the proper meat cleavers to cut it down so nipped into the workshop and put it through the bandsaw. Worked quite good too. Meat tasted well also.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Well thanks our turn for the Christmas Day get together, great meal, good company celebrating 2016. Far too much preparation and food. Ah till next year.Temperature in the 30,s. Looking at the Christmas cards and the heavy clothing for Santa, Snow everywhere not exactly suitable season here.

Peter.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Had a quite Christmas day with just the good lady and myself, boxing day was very busy with family in for dinner. Now the next is our wedding anniversary on new years eve along with the new year being seen in. I am sure the wife picked that day so that I would not forget it.

Terry Q

Fellow
First Name
Terry
We had our Christmas on the 24th. Both sons, daughter in law and granddaughters were home. As soon as my youngest gd arrived she asked when we're we opening presents. I said after we eat, watch football and take a nap. We barely finished eating and the wrapping paper was flying.:thumbs: No football or nap for me:sob: It was a very good day.

bassethound

Executive Member
First Name
Ted
Nice Xmas day at the sons house til late afternoon then back to looked forward to quietness again..:rolling: quiet Boxing Day, stuffed both days, nice to stop eating :thinks:

fortress

Registered
First Name
John
We spent Christmas Day at home, the girls loving every minute of it, my Son called round after lunch, we had crazy indoor snowball fights, a lovely hectic day...we all slept soundly that night. :banana::funny::winking:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
My Christmas was fantasmagorical spent the day with the love of my life also daughter and grand daughter over for the day pressies flying back and forth Boxing day we had a houseful smiffy flying to me end off and now we have new year to look forward to as its Violets birthday new years day so it has to be down the pub for lunch a double whammy that one I suppose I will have to include Smiffy I am truly blessed and a very content man Happy new year to every one

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Had Christmas Day with daughter and the family.

Drove down south for Boxing Day with son and his family, which lasted through to late last night.

Now going to daughter and sleep over for New Year's Eve, since Christmas Eve only had two sleeps in my own bed..:rolling:

Don't wish anyone happy new year until it's here so will do that once it's here, otherwise have a great New Year's Eve.

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
Got dragged out last night, wasted all arvo cooking for it, come home absolutely stuffed full, missus insisted we stay till midnight, :sob: Have to go out tonight as well:sob:
My three days in the shed ruint.:vangry:
Sacrifices I make to keep her happy and contented. :funny::funny:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
My supposed holiday has been full of call outs, but you've gotta grab the work whenever it comes in :thinks: & it gets me out of the washing up :banana:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).