• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

I do like Dymondwood

Bob Ellis

Graduate Member
First Name
Bob
I really like Dymondwood and it is a great shame that it is no longer produced. Fortunately I still have 40 assorted Dymondwood pen blanks among my supplies, so I shouldn't run out for a while. This is an Artisan fountain pen clothed in Desert Camo Dymondwood. What appear to be blemishes in at least one of the photos are in fact reflections off the CA polished surface.

Attachments

• WP_20170222_14_30_45_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170222_14_30_45_Pro.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 54
  • WP_20170222_14_32_52_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170222_14_32_52_Pro.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 54
  • WP_20170222_14_31_55_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170222_14_31_55_Pro.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 54

clement

Graduate Member
First Name
Clement
I'm a great fan of Dymondwood too. Cannot find it anymore in Belgium.
BTW this color is awesome and the finish is perfect :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
My carry pen for many years was a Dymondwood cut in a similar fashion to yours. I have never seen this colour before. The material I understand is made from laminated sheets of the same timber dyed different colours. My son inlaw near us used to work with Carba Tech and had a few blocks of Dymondwood I have a couple of pieces about two feet by about the same width that show clearly how they made it.

Perhaps I am the exception it is a mongrel to turn, that glue is harder than. I could have sold so many of them every time I used or lent my carry pen. I have to say it was machine washed twice in the washing machine and each time it came out same as before except the biro shat itself. One day I will dig it out, what with the new tooling available now with the carborundum tips it may prove easy to cut.

Bob you made an attention getter with many more to follow, so glad you came back into production . Thanks for sharing this ripper.

Peter.

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Very very nice pen Bob....also a fan of Dymondwood with a reasonable stock.....i have used Tigerwood but its not as hard or in as many colours...a true shame.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).