• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Lucky break

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Shortly before lunch I was minding my own and finishing a pen when there was an almighty implosion and the plastic tub base of my home made in line seperator burst in. I had used this for years. Called it a lucky break the fine dust and shavings were intact. Quite unexpected my wife rushed in to find out what happened.

Luckily I had a home made Thien seperator modified it and carried on. nearly an underwear change moment.

Peter.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
I bet that made you jump Peter. Was there a blockage in the inlet pipe somewhere as that is what would cause something like this might be worth checking.

Reminds me of a line from Blaster Bates

Young boy "did you get a picture mister, did you get a picture mister"
Blaster bates "no he didn't, he left the lens cap on and had a bowel movement"
:whistling::whistling::whistling:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I tell you what last year would have been different 7 mths on the edge of catastrophe. Anyway glad thats done have a metal box now, but I will check it tomorrow.

Peter.

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
I have seen that before especially if using a hi vac unit rather than than a hi airflow unit.

if I remember rightly the separator manufacturers recommend a dump valve to stop over suction, I have seen a metal one cave in they make a bigger noise.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I have seen that before especially if using a hi vac unit rather than than a hi airflow unit.

if I remember rightly the separator manufacturers recommend a dump valve to stop over suction, I have seen a metal one cave in they make a bigger noise.

Dump valve sounds sinister mate just what is it?

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).