• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

My first try at Steam Punk

Simone

Apprentice Member
First Name
Simone
My first attempt at Steam Punk. I Planned to make 4 but only 3 made the cut .When I assembled the first one the internal pressure was too much (think i did not clean the tube inside :thinks:) and you could see the Resin separate from the tube.

I cast these in Polyester Resin, serious smelly stuff.
Have to say I did enjoy making these...

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
All three are equal results that look great Simone a credit to you and the time taking, laborious work involved. Took courage and skill.

Peter.

Jim

Grand Master
All very nice blanks indeed Simone, i for one fully understand the work that goes on in making these blanks, but in my opinion as good as these look i believe that there are far better kits to put these work of art on my friend .. :thumbs:

I am not talking about your finished pens here, just an opinion of kit choice ..

Simone

Apprentice Member
First Name
Simone
Thank you Jim
May I ask what type of kit you would use to enhance the blank ?
I really value opinions, I feel i can only improve and learn :)

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).