• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

never over feed your mouse !

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
I have seen this as well from David Springett's books. Not sure if he did this but there is also an arrow made from a single piece passing through a glass bottle with two rings around the shaft.
Well done on getting the sizes right to make this otherwise the poor mouse would not get in

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
Very creative Ian. How is the mouse captured? Is it a matter of squeezing him through a hole that's slightly too small?

howsitwork?

Graduate Member
First Name
Ian
I have seen this as well from David Springett's books. Not sure if he did this but there is also an arrow made from a single piece passing through a glass bottle with two rings around the shaft.
Well done on getting the sizes right to make this otherwise the poor mouse would not get in
Yes I’ve done the glass bottle one. Took it along to model engineering club “show and tell evening “ , left it on table and went for a coffee .Most entertaining as I listened to “how it must have been done “ discussion. The other two wood turners in the club also kept quiet and enjoyed it .

howsitwork?

Graduate Member
First Name
Ian
Very creative Ian. How is the mouse captured? Is it a matter of squeezing him through a hole that's slightly too small?
Phil

the hole must be turned in the cheese and undercut, oh and it must have a through hole for his tail to come through . The mouse must taper to a nice nose and have a rounded bum . It must also be accurately turned about 0.5 to 1mm larger than the hole. 1mm is probably too much to be honest. He’s then squeezed in , I use a nylon hollowed block now to avoid marking him .

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).