• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Newbie advice needed

chesh78

First Name
Neil
Hi, I'm new to pen turning and resin casting, and I'm looking for some advice. I was wondering if anyone had any experience using oil paints to colour their blanks? I have a few I use for painting, and some are great colours (like Payne's grey), so I was wondering if these could be used when making acrylic/aluminite pen blanks as primary colours with some others thrown in as highlight accents? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
I'm no caster Neil, but I would have thought that an oil based paint mixed with resin would take a month or sundays to cure, if indeed it ever did.

chesh78

First Name
Neil
I'm no caster Neil, but I would have thought that an oil based paint mixed with resin would take a month or sundays to cure, if indeed it ever did.
Thanks Phil - I wasn't sure if the two could have been combined. Wish they could, since I've some favourite oil paints I use that I'd love to have transferred over to resin setting, but c'est la vie. đź‘Ť

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).