• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Newbie Starting Out!...

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
Welcome Bas. You should learn to make pens from all the advice this lot can give you, but one thing is sure, you'll learn to be gobby! Just like the rest of us.:whistling:

Jim

Grand Master
Welcome to the forums Bas .. :thumbs:

Dan has already explained that "this forum is more like an asylum

Thank you Dan for choosing your words very carefully to describe the place my friend .. :ciggrin:

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
Hi Bas and weclome to the mad house

Like you i have never turned a bit of wood as i thought it was highly dangerous.

Turning wood is highly dangerous, putting a piece of wood between two bits of metal and spinning it at high speed .... and then pushing a sharp piece of metal into it :shocking:

But being on this forum can be just as bad for your health sometimes. BUT both are extremely addictive :banana::banana::banana:

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Welcome Bas, be careful about saying you know someone on here as you will be tarred with the same brush mate.

I always say it takes one to know one..:devil: so If Dan is saying it's like an asylum then be carefull :devil:.

"this forum is more like an asylum at times"

only when Dan comes on funnily enough..:wink:

BigBas

Apprentice Member
First Name
Bas
Holy Moses, I wasn't expecting such a reception! I've been on a few forums, but so far, none quite as homely as this!!

I've only been turning a couple of months with a cheap Aldi lathe, which has been enough to make me realise I want to continue this 'highly dangerous' hobby :love_it:

Is it bad that I am already looking for another lathe even though this one is only a month old?!

As for Dan, I blame him for the introduction to this money pit!! :)

Many thanks for the warm reception chaps, all the best

Bas

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).