• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

NORTHERN TERRITORY BEEFWOOD from the KIMBERLY REGION

Midnight_Turner

Registered
First Name
Miles
Crikey Peter, that beats mine hands down from last night, what an awesome piece of timber, beautiful mate, absolutely beautiful, what chance have I got to get any of those blanks here in the UK? Probably none I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Crikey Peter, that beats mine hands down from last night, what an awesome piece of timber, beautiful mate, absolutely beautiful, what chance have I got to get any of those blanks here in the UK? Probably none I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miles this blank I have had for years was cut by a mate of mine who used to travel from south of me in N.S.W. He is a highly respected wood gatherer, he had a he used to visit a daughter and family north of the Kimberly and go fishing (absolute fishing man) work out in the bush collect a ton or two of interesting timber. His family moved so he has not been there for a while now. Most of my stash has come together over a long time now. None of it just fell into my place, was sought after.

This said I will ask around, when you say your Dad was following the test cricket is he referred to as a fan or the affectionately called Barmy Army that follow England?

I live in Canberra in the East 200 miles south of Sydney., what are his movements and timing?

Peter.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Stranger than fiction Miles I gave my mate a call (few hrs away from me) he has some beaut stuff and is coming over soon and will bring me some good stuff including Kimberly Beefwood and another timber I just made a Pen of in Ringed Gidgee so I may be able to help you after all.

Kind regards Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).