• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Omega, Tempest and Phoenix pens.

Chriscb

First Name
Chris
Afternoon all,

Thought I's share a few more pens with you.

The Phoenix is a new design that a customer asked me to turn - the acrylic is 'Modern Times'. The wood is Oak and Rippled Massaranduba.

The Zen pens are Pink Ivory and Tamboti - which has a very sweet aroma. I left the wood bare to retain the aroma.

You'll recognise the Tempest in Hawthorn, and the other is a Wave click pen also in Hawthorn. Not turned a Tempest before but I'm very impressed with the quality.

The final is of an Omega in Yew - not any old Yew (as if) but a blank of such chaotic complexity it took my breath away when it was turned. This one I'm keeping! The only downside is that the
knot in the cap seems to be shrinking so I guess I'll need to drop some CA on it in a few months just to keep it in.

As ever, please C&C is the way to go - we've all got to learn!

Thanks.

Regards,

Chriscb

29721.jpg29722.jpg29723.jpg29724.jpg

Walter

Fellow
First Name
Walter
Great looking pens Chris, that Yew is fabulous.

Not much C&C needed there as Phil said. I would however suggest that you post slightly smaller images. I can see the whole pen fine on the 24" screen of my desktop but on my 15" laptop I have to scroll to see the whole of any pen.

Chriscb

First Name
Chris
Great looking pens Chris, that Yew is fabulous.

Not much C&C needed there as Phil said. I would however suggest that you post slightly smaller images. I can see the whole pen fine on the 24" screen of my desktop but on my 15" laptop I have to scroll to see the whole of any pen.

Thanks for the input on the image size. Curiously an iPad in portrait will stack the images and they'll fit, but won't in landscape.Ditto on the iPhone. On the laptop they are just a smidgen too big on the vertical axis (logical really!). I didn't preview the post on the laptop but did on the iPad in portrait. So, just to finish the circle, the images are all 1000 pixels high, and i guess dropping that to 800 will accommodate all screens. In fairness I did flit through the sticky 'Adding an image' and I didn't see a size comment.

And thank you for the C&C.

Regards,

Chriscb

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).