• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Orange Maple Burr Fountain Pen

ValleyBoy

Graduate Member
First Name
Ash
Evening pen friends.

Last post for a while and if I’d planned things a bit better I could have made my last three posts a traffic light sequence. (I’ve got a red version of this wood too).

Anyway here is an orange version of the green and purple pens I’ve already shown. Quite a subtle orange but I like it.

I find the clip and the taper the trickiest things to do on wooden pens. Getting the finish spot on is also tricky if you’re applying different finishes to the wood compared to the section.

Anyway I hope you all get plenty of time in the workshop and look forward to the results.

Cheers
Ash

IMG_1453.jpegIMG_1457.jpegIMG_1463.jpegIMG_1465.jpegIMG_1472.jpegIMG_1474.jpegIMG_1445.jpegIMG_1449.jpegIMG_1477.jpegIMG_1492.jpeg

Padster

Graduate Member
First Name
Paddy
I like that the colour is very subtle, but as I spot some red/crimson.... was it a blood orange :dancer:

It's ok I'll get my coat!

Gadget-UK

Graduate Member
First Name
Colin
Terrible looking pens, cheap and tacky at best............... :noway1:
Oh sorry comparing one of mine against yours Ash :duh:
Stunning as always Ash, I just don't have the patience let alone the skill to make a work of art like that

howsitwork?

Graduate Member
First Name
Ian
Ash

Sorry but I think the purple one wins on points for me with the grain “pop” being quite exceptional. I like many of your orange works shown previously but for some reason this doesn’t float my boat like the purple perfectionist one.

Anyway n have a nice Easter break and plenty of dog walking ( good for the waist and health and for some reason often leads to a hostelry …..or is that just me 🤷‍♂️) .

Beautiful and skilled work as always

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Stunning mate, you have a canny nack of picking complimentary colours and these examples showcase that...
Beautiful turning as always:drool::drool: