• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Parcel from Home of wood

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I took delivery of a few wee bits of Chestnut this morning 20" x 3" now I have a dilemma I have a stamp video to finish and 4 x 8" bowls to make then this lot turned up so what to do first those of you that really know me know I just love turning big bowls but I have promised to finish the video and the other bowls are for blind veterans UK what to do oh the dilemma think I had better take a tablet
3 of the pieces are from crutch of the tree so tey will look superb when finished enjoy
View attachment 31599View attachment 31600

clement

Graduate Member
First Name
Clement
That one with the measuring tape on it looks great ! I'm curious to see the result after turning the platter :thinks:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Just carried the 4 blanks down to me workshop and me ol ticker didnt like it one little bit so I'm afraid its going to be slow down and do a video day today bloody old age gets in the way at times LOL still another day tomorrow I hope LOL

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Hi Woody off to see me ticker Doc today, had the submarine scan last week hoping for some good news myself. Good to pace yourself.

Kind regards Peter.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Whats a submarine scan Peter?

A deep roll scan that records sound etc in colour sounds like travelling in a submarine, gurgles and pings Mark. Doc brought forward my next visit to four months then into a special room for a check again up the arteries.

We had a fantasticc half day at the Canberra Zoo I hired a trolley (way to travel), painless and perfect to Celebrate Wilmas 80 th earlier in the month. So well planted in there very special on a sunny day.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).