• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Pen Boxes

First Name
Dan
I can do a maple box at £4 each. It would be finished tho as importing unfinished timber from abroad is a nightmare of hoops to jump through.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

rayf6604

Registered
First Name
Ray
I can do a maple box at £4 each. It would be finished tho as importing unfinished timber from abroad is a nightmare of hoops to jump through.

That is a bit more than I really wanted to pay, only 25p less than turners retreat regular price. finished isn't s problem as I can sand the finish off for pyrographing and then reapply it. the last lot I bought from turners were only £2.50 each, albeit they were on clearance but Id be surprised if they weren't making a profit at that. it's just that they won't be having any more of those boxes. if i have to spend £4 then I'll just have to charge my customers more

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
I currently use a cardboard box in a variety of colours overprinted with my company logo with a foam insert that is made of a type of foam that has the grip capability to accommodate any pen from a slimline to a chairmanship pen.

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
That is a bit more than I really wanted to pay, only 25p less than turners retreat regular price. finished isn't s problem as I can sand the finish off for pyrographing and then reapply it. the last lot I bought from turners were only £2.50 each, albeit they were on clearance but Id be surprised if they weren't making a profit at that. it's just that they won't be having any more of those boxes. if i have to spend £4 then I'll just have to charge my customers more

Hi Ray
I buy them from Vince at Turners Workshop - Single Maple Pen Box - TTW Pen Display Range - Pen Display Range - Shop
I don't know whether he'd do a deal on quantity. I don't pay postage as he's only 20 mins away.

Bob

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I have a selection of pen boxes but nobody ever wants them. The velvet pouches are what they want. I'm hoping to start making my own boxes soon though like David (JimJam)

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
That looks a good price Bob

It's probably postage that would kill it Dan. As I said I collect.

Vince is the only outlet I know that's anywhere near me and like most people I like to have a good poke around during which I always end up spending quite a lot:rolling:

He's a nice guy and as you've already discovered, it's attitude that makes success. Hopefully your retail outlet will take off as well.

cheers
Bob

cowboy

Registered
this is a nic nac box that l made into a pen box put the blue silk in the box for a bit of fancy then the pen and told the lady that bought it she could use the box for little bits and pieces and that is what she as done,

Attachments

• 20140327_070109.jpg
    20140327_070109.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 45
Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).