• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Permanently fixing one tube into another

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
I use Gorilla PU to fix tubes into bullet cases, can be messy but not had one fail:thumbs:

hawkeyefxr

First Name
ken
It's not to hold the bullets in but to reduce the size of the of the shells so a clip can be used. I see that Loctite 271 is meant to be a permanent item.
When i used to work computer room installations the guys laying the floor used a Loctite that set solid. I tried to undo one once and it was impossible!
I did have some but have no idea where it is.
I will look at Gorrila PU.

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
This is how I do it,
IMG_20220429_132917.jpg
A couple of wraps of tape and Gorilla PU in the gap... Don't fix the other end where the primer was

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
I use loctite on various metal to metal fixings you must make sure the surfaces are both clean. I have never had any come apart and if you did want to separate then heat is the answer as long as there is no flammable material attached to it. Well actually it is not Loctite but the same kind of stuff it is Delta 88 strong bond and high heat adhesive

Robred

Registered
First Name
Rob
I use loctite on various metal to metal fixings you must make sure the surfaces are both clean. I have never had any come apart and if you did want to separate then heat is the answer as long as there is no flammable material attached to it. Well actually it is not Loctite but the same kind of stuff it is Delta 88 strong bond and high heat adhesive
Hi
Have you any suggestions on how I can glue brass tube into oversize hole in pen blank so that it stays in .
Thanks

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Hi
Have you any suggestions on how I can glue brass tube into oversize hole in pen blank so that it stays in .
Thanks
Try some polyurethane gorilla glue as that will help fill any gaps but use it very sparingly as it expands. If you can mask off anywhere you don't want it to go and wear rubber gloves

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).