• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Piazza and Racing Green Fountain Pen

OscarHallStudios

First Name
Oscar
Hi everyone,

My first pen post. Happy with how this turned out. Happy to answer any questions!

I really like this Piazza acrylic I got from The Turner's Workshop. I got the Semplicita SHDC Racing Green and the clip from Beaufort. I used some 1mm sterling silver sheet for the silver bands.

I think I should have used different thicknesses of silver though, something smaller for the section's band probably. The posting works okay, but I would have preferred it to post deeper. The design is a vague homage to my (current) favorite pen, the Sailor Pro Gear, hence the 'bump' at the end of the section and the tapered shape, however this is a bit longer than the PG. I realised their threads are larger than the M12x0.8 I am using here, which allows the pen to post deeper due to the larger diameter in the cap. Posted it is very usable though, just a little longer than I'd like. The nib is a titanium size 6 bock nib, just what I had lying around. Something silver to match the accents would probably look better. I would like to look into doing the cap bands like lots of designs do, nearer the bottom of the cap, but this would probably require some engraving and sounds like a faff. Perhaps next time..

Any and all feedback is welcome!

YyVWL1c.jpeg
UvR5cMa.jpeg
lGHjOS6.jpeg

mxvnQL0.jpeg