• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Polyester resin

Harry

First Name
Harry
Hi Guys,

For a few years, I have been using polyester resin from M B Fibreglass, their water clear stuff, but they have been out of stock for months. I found another supplier and tried theirs, but it is not as easy to turn as it sets very brittle. I don't know if M B will ever get it back in stock, so does anyone have any recommendations for a good water clear PR resin?

Curly

Graduate Member
First Name
Peter
No recommendations but try putting less hardener in the resin. When it cures it will be a little sticky on the outside that you can set in a warm toaster oven or box for ten minutes or so. When it cools it will be cured by the end of the day. We actually use an old waffle iron opened flat in a metal drawer, blanks on sticks above.

Pete

Harry

First Name
Harry
Thanks Peter, I have just turned another casting and it was better. Maybe I used less hardener in it.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).