• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Presentation boxes

Graham_C

Fellow
First Name
Graham
I'm sure this has been covered before, but I wonder what presentation boxes people use for their "nicer" pens - especially fountain and roller-ball pens?

After a trawl around the major UK suppliers, I am really stuck for a nice box to hold the pair of Mistrals I made. A call to one left me dumbfounded - they said that they were unable to help because they didn't supply the kit :rolling:

I'd really appreciate your thoughts folks :fingers:

stiofanpadraigcrafts

Graduate Member
First Name
stephen
I use the black velvet one from turners retreat for slimlines, epsilons zetas and the redwood or flip wooden ones for more expensive pens.

pen_box_17a_pen.jpgpkboxmpr.jpg

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Thanks Stephen. The flip box arrived today, the slot is too narrow for the roller-ball and fountain pen - like many others :frown:

Must keep looking :thinks:

Being realistic that's probably why whoever it was said they couldn't help said so rather than sell you an unsuitable box, presumably because they had no knowledge or information of the kits. personally I think that's the sign of an honest dealer and I'd quite respect that.

The pens will go into a double velvet box though 'cos that's where I put mine. Alternatively the cardboard craft boxes used by Walter and others are a solution (Tiny Box Co).

Perhaps Phil should consider selling display boxes to suit his kits if there's a need?

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).