• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Pressure & Vacuum pots

Paul hd

Fellow
First Name
Paul
I recently got most of the parts to start Stabilising wood and making blanks. I picked up a few links from a thread on this site for most of the hardware so thanks to those who shared where they got the kit.

It is very early days for me but I am really enjoying the experience. I have recorded my attempts so far. I'm sure you gurus at this will be covering your eyes in horror, but we all have to start somewhere.:thumbs:

Hope you enjoy the following videos.

Cheers
Paul

First try at stabilising wood - YouTube

Resin cure - YouTube

AllenN

Fellow
First Name
Allen
Interesting Paul, thank you for sharing. I had assumed you would have to leave the compressor running on the pressure pot but it seems not. Looks a very useful set up you have there.

Paul hd

Fellow
First Name
Paul
Great videos Paul thanks for sharing - :thumbs::thumbs:
Hi Andy,
You are very welcome. I like to do the vids as I can look back at all the mistakes:thumbs:

Interesting videos Paul thanks for posting.:thumbs::thumbs:
Hi Mark,
I'm happy you find them interesting:thumbs:

Grateful for your videos Paul.

Peter.
Hi Peter,
You are very welcome.

Interesting Paul, thank you for sharing. I had assumed you would have to leave the compressor running on the pressure pot but it seems not. Looks a very useful set up you have there.
Hi Allen,
Thanks for your comments.
The compressor when fully charged almost gets the pressure pot to 60 psi before cutting in, then it only has to run for a few seconds and then I can turn it off. Wish it was the same for the vacuum pot but unfortunately you have to leave that pump running to keep pulling air out.

Thanks to All.
Paul.

Dermot40

Apprentice Member
First Name
Dermot
Hi Paul
Thanks for your video it's very interesting. I use to have a pressure pot I used to make resin thimble blanks a few years ago. I had to get rid of when I moved 18 months ago. I am now setting up a workshop again at my new home and will want to get back into working with resin. The problem I have is that I can find anywhere in the UK to buy a stand alone pressure pot. Can anyone help me to find somewhere in the UK to buy one again........Thanks

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
This very day on the IAP there is a post that ended up in depth discussing stabilizing pen blanks.By Rodney Brean over 7000 visits so far a good indication its a hot topic.

Peter.

Paul hd

Fellow
First Name
Paul
Thats the same one as I have!
In fact I've just ordered a second one today as I have plans, :thinks:

Edit: once I get this bloody website up & running that is!
Yes, I think I got the link from a thread you or jas46 started. A very good bit of kit.

Good luck with the new website.

Cheers
Paul

Dermot40

Apprentice Member
First Name
Dermot
Thanks Paul for the link. The last time I did casting I bought just a pressure paint pot and converted it myself this way worked far less money than the casting pot. I can not find anywhere that sells the pressure paint pots.

Bucks

Fellow
First Name
Paul
Thanks Paul for the link. The last time I did casting I bought just a pressure paint pot and converted it myself this way worked far less money than the casting pot. I can not find anywhere that sells the pressure paint pots.
What about Ebay I would think the place would be inundated with them:thinks:

Bucks

Fellow
First Name
Paul
This very day on the IAP there is a post that ended up in depth discussing stabilizing pen blanks.By Rodney Brean over 7000 visits so far a good indication its a hot topic.

Peter.

May have to have a wonder over there & have a look :thumbs:

Ru55ell

Apprentice Member
First Name
Russell
Paul, could you share where you bought the pressure pot and resin from please. Ohh and what Resin was it ?

Regards Russell

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Altogether exciting Paul ,the combination complete. Now for the pen kit , your videos help me to understand they are clear.

Many thanks .PS glad your back.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).