• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Project X Fountain Pen

ValleyBoy

Graduate Member
First Name
Ash
Hi pen people.

Well the big day is almost upon us and I suspect this will be my final post before Christmas. I may squeeze another pen out, but that’ll largely depend on the blood alcohol levels over the next week or so. Safety first and all that.

This is a cellulose acetate that was a bit of an R&D experiment by Vince at the Turners Workshop. I’m not sure if it made it to larger scale production but it probably should as it’s very beautiful. I have made a similar one before, so if it looks familiar then I’ve double-posted so apologies.

The metal accent rings are bronze that I cut and drill from round rod. The clip is bought and, along with the Bock no6 nib, is Rose Gold Plated. The finial coin is Argentium silver.

For those interested the cap centre rings are made by turning a long tenon with a short base (think letter T shape) and the metal rings and spacers made from the same material are slid onto the tenon. The remainder of the tenon is then inserted into the main upper part of the cap to create the overall effect. It does require quite high precision turning as you don’t have much room to play with for threading the inside of the cap with these wall thicknesses.

Anyway, assuming I manage to avoid becoming sober enough to make any more pens, I’d like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and I hope Santa is good to you all. See you on the other side!

Cheers
Ash

IMG_8224.jpegIMG_8227.jpegIMG_8236.jpegIMG_8239.jpegIMG_8216.jpegIMG_8220.jpeg

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
I don’t post on your photos often Ash as I find myself in awe of your skills and mostly when I come to it every thing has already been said by previous replies.
That said though you never fail to inspire me to get out of bed and do something different along with looking at new ways of doing things.
Keep up the great work as it’s appreciated greatly by me and no doubt many many others 9n here as well.

Thanks again for posting and have a merry Christmas and a great new year in to 2024.

ValleyBoy

Graduate Member
First Name
Ash
I don’t post on your photos often Ash as I find myself in awe of your skills and mostly when I come to it every thing has already been said by previous replies.
That said though you never fail to inspire me to get out of bed and do something different along with looking at new ways of doing things.
Keep up the great work as it’s appreciated greatly by me and no doubt many many others 9n here as well.

Thanks again for posting and have a merry Christmas and a great new year in to 2024.
Thanks Eamonn! It’s very kind of you to say that, and I hope you have a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Cheers
Ash

DuncSuss

First Name
Duncan
Merry Christmas, Ash - and I hope we have the continued pleasure of seeing your posts (pix and words) throughout the New Year ahead.

sutdm

Peak district (cheshire, but i'm not a footballer)
First Name
Mark
That is a stunning piece of work. Thanks for inspiring (and daunting) me. Having something to aim for is great, looking up that high puts a crick in the neck too.

Lets hope for a little peace somewhere this Christmas.........

Wine should help!

Cheers Ash and to you all.

howsitwork?

Graduate Member
First Name
Ian
Well just opened this post on Christmas day Ash and I have t9 say that’s an absolutely stunning piece of work. I appreciate ( although technically it’s way beyond my pay grade ) you taking the time to explain the how you made the rings as well.

Hope you have a wonderful festive break with lots of dog walking . Mines just recovering currently after decent walk and festive lunch .

Cheers