• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Very nice job, Purple heart can be a bit fickle and you can turn the colour off the surface.... But leave it on a window cill for a day or two and it will return.....
Great choice of plateing, shows the colour really well:drool::drool:

pittswood

Fellow
First Name
Kelvin
Hi Nick, purple heart is vibrate when first turned. Over some 2-3 years, it turns darker and mellows. Lovely timber though. Well done Nick.
Kelvin

CraftyNick

First Name
Nick
I have used teak a lot in my industry and often when you run a large plank through the thickness planer it comes out the other end in multiple colours. Greens and pinks but before your eyes when the air hits the surface it starts to fade into that old teak colour we all know.

Garno

Fellow
First Name
Gary
Hi Nick, purple heart is vibrate when first turned. Over some 2-3 years, it turns darker and mellows. Lovely timber though. Well done Nick.
Kelvin

That was my understanding of it, I thought the purple became stronger over the years. I was unaware it stopped after a few years though.

Good post :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I enjoyed this submission and am amazed at the results and photography,many thanks,I have had so many serious situations I have lost touch here for a while,thanks for the brillia:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:nt work.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).