• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Resin by weight not volume

Paul-H

First Name
Paul
Hi all

Another Newbie resin question.

I am confused by the way resin sellers lit their quantities

I am used to liquids being doldrums by their volume, either fluid ounces or Millilitres or litres but when trying to price up resin I find they all list it by weight.

So the question is If I was to want 5 litres of resin what would be the weight of that amount.

Thanks for any help with this

Paul

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
I can't tell you the weight of resin, although it will undoubtedly be heavier than water, but 5 litres of water would weigh 5kg, which might give you an indication of how much you're getting.

geordie0928

Graduate Member
First Name
John Joseph
It depends on which resin you use, some say 50/50 some say 100 - 45 and so on. I have just useing resin, so the way to find is read all on resin and pick the best you think is best for you.