• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Sabbatical or Break

Garno

Fellow
First Name
Gary
Hey Hoi,

After much consideration I have come to the conclusion that I need a bit of a break,

As such this will be my last post on here for at least a few weeks and maybe/possibly/probably months.
I'm rather ill and my head is all over the place and has been getting worse over the last few weeks.
I spend around 20 hours a day in bed these days a need to turn it around a get back onto the road of recovery.
My medication has once again been increased and I will start on the new dosage as from tomorrow.
Life appears very grim at the moment as indeed it has done for the last 12 or so years. I am taking massive amounts of medication but they seem to stop working after a short while, Anyway once again I digress a little.

I have ceased all forum participation at 2 other sites where once I was active and don't really miss them, however I will miss partaking here.
I am struggling here at this time and feel it would benefit me to break away from any kind of forum participation. Here is the last place and the first (and only one) I will restart with.

I still hope to visit so I can see what you have all been up to.

Gary

Oh my tailstock barrel & screw have just arrived from Axminster so will pop it into the lathe tomorrow.

Padster

Graduate Member
First Name
Paddy
Sad to hear Gary, but only you can decide what is best, I wish you well and a speedy recovery, or path to place where you feel happy.

Best Regards

Padster

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
So sorry for this mate, it honestly won't be the same without you, you have bought a lot to this forum and I will miss you,
Please skulk in the background and keep active mentally if not physically and I do hope you can achieve quick resolution on your meds. :praying::praying:

Right, who can I annoy now:whistling::whistling:

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
Very sad to learn you are under the weather Gary. Do what you feel is right, which I hope will include the occasional visit here, and I wish you a full and speedy recovery. You will be missed in the interim.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Take care and just pop in and out as health permits no need to be a total stranger during you rest up even if it not actually doing any turning, but if you can do any turning it will help with the recovery how do I know well I have had heart attacks and a stroke and if it was not for my wooden model making and turning I would have gone stir crazy as well as help with recovery.
[MENTION=626]flexi[/MENTION] I don't know who you can take the mickey out of but sure you will find someone, I better go into hiding:funny::funny::funny:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I understand these feelings,my forehead is now devoid of a cancer,in hiding until it heals. These feelings you have expressed are familiar ones Gary,take care.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).