• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Scroll saw Query.

Terry Q

Fellow
First Name
Terry

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I have not bought for many years ,I gave my saws to Wilma a long time ago then when she lost interest last year I gave them to my grandson. I kept the Hegner multi. Terry that charting and your undoubted experience, buying by the gross my goodness you must have a grand total by now. All the help you could wish for Mark.

Peter

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
What size blade are you using? I use #6 skip tooth for all my blanks and can cut up 1" pretty well. I did have some VERY OLD oak that was a bit of a struggle. These blades are German made and have served me well for 25+ years. Brand name is Pebaco. I usually order a couple gross at a time.

Advanced Machinery - Skip Tooth Scroll Saw Blades

Standard Blades - Scrollsaw Blades - Scrollsaw Blades & Accessories - Spares & Accessories - Products

Thanks Terry I will have a look later when I go out to the shed.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
How do you know the right tension on your bandsaw Mark the same way you learnt to tension that blade there will be a sweet tension for the scroll saw.

It will be interesting the various methods that come out.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).