• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Sheffield Woodturners Club

Garno

Fellow
First Name
Gary
Went to my very first hands on club meeting last night and I am now pleased to announce I am a fully paid up member. :banana::banana::banana:

My early thoughts are that my experience was fantastic, the other members were so helpful.

The members of the club were on a different level when it came to helping and offering help, if all people were the same this world would be such a nicer place to live.
I am already looking forward to the next hands-on meet in 4 weeks time and the demo night in 2 weeks.

My only regret is I did not know about the club's existence months ago, saying that though lock down would of hindered things somewhat.

Just wanted to share that with you lot :wink:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Gary you will now find a wealth of information from the experienced turners in the club enjoy your time with them and soon you maybe able to return the favour by passing on what you have learnt to new turners in the future

Garno

Fellow
First Name
Gary
Gary you will now find a wealth of information from the experienced turners in the club enjoy your time with them and soon you maybe able to return the favour by passing on what you have learnt to new turners in the future

I hope so,

I think the thing that a lot, if not most, turners have in common with each other is being able to remember just how difficult being a new comer to the industry actually is. I have learnt so much from you guys and hope to learn heaps more, the club is putting what I learn here into practise. :winking:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).