• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Sketch Pencil with Burr Oak

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I made a PSI sketch pencil for my Granddaughter to take to her new school for art lessons. I was surprised that you have to CA the plunger in, which makes it difficult or near impossible to strip the pen down again.

Peter

Pencil1.jpg
Pencil2.jpg

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Very nice job there Peter....not sure about having to glue the kit together though.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Very nice job there Peter....not sure about having to glue the kit together though.

Me neither, even the top hex nut is CA'd onto the tenon:thinks:

Peter

Pierre---

First Name
Pierre
Beautifull pen made with a non-commercial wood I guess.
Not sure about the grain alignment though...
I am sure it will take a nice dark colour with time, that will enhance the burr. Well done!

AllenN

Fellow
First Name
Allen
That is a nice pencil, I wouldn't mind one of those myself. I must take a look on line and see if I can find the kit.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Nice pencil Peter, not sure about the glue bit. Have you seen Deluxe Sketch Pen & Pencil Combo Kit in Chrome.

Very smart and robust pencil/ball point. Two for the price of one.
I have made one, I use mine all the time and you can get ballpoint spares from pencrafts.
Kelvin

Thanks Kelvin, no I haven't seen that one, how does the plunger fit to the kit, I take it it isn't glued in?

Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Hi Peter,
The pen/pencil kit I used is pushed in top and bottom with a screw in plunger, which also has a pencil sharpener built inside. Therefore no need to glue anything in.
I have put the link to the kit I used.

https://www.pennstateind.com/library/PKSPCL2xx_ins.pdf

Kelvin

Thanks for that, it all fits together pretty much how I thought the one I did would fit together, I was so surprised that the plunger didn't screw in.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).