• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Still around

Skil Phil

Hi All,
Been a while since I was last here.
Times were hectic with a lot of production work.
Then came the July violence with burning and looting of shops which slowed everything down.
Am now quiet as business is trying to recover from the mayhem.
Production work has stopped as business recovers and finds new/refurbished premises and storage.
So have been making small stuff and bowls for a Xmas fair in the village.
I predict that there will be another lockdown and the fair will be cancelled. Such is life.
To top it all there has been load shedding for a week and a bit. Loose 6 hours a day with no power.

Will survive.

One question though.
What is a good solvent to clean up double sided tape glue when the pieces are separated. Tried meths and acetone.
Takes a bit of time and rubbing with both of them. Must be something better.

Cheers
Phil

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
Chin up, and hang on in there Phil. Sounds like you're having a sh*tty time of it over there.

Have you tried white spirit for the tape glue?

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Welcome back Phil, times will turn and improve, good luck in the mean time and dont be so much a stranger on here, even for the banter:banana::banana:

Garno

Fellow
First Name
Gary
Hello Phil,

I am one of the new happenings on the forum, only joined a few months ago and have asked just shy of a million questions :rolling: Fortunately no one seems to totally want me to stop :whistling:

Sounds like it has been a rough time for you, glad it is over for now.

Good luck for the coming months hope it all turns out well

Gary

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
Hi Phil, nice to hear from you again. You have my best wishes for the future. I hope you are soon up & running.
I use white spirit.

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Welcome back Phil, hope it stays settled for you in the coming days/months.

Keep popping in when you can as its always nice to hear from you mate. Chin up and stay safe.

I would go with Cellulose thinners if you can get it.

Skil Phil

Thanks all for the replies.
Will try the different solvents suggested. Have only tried acetone so far.
Solar power is available but extremely expensive. A setup would take about 6 to 7 years before you break even and start to get free power.
The gov is also trying to implement a solar tax to protect their own interests (loss of income).

Cheers
Phil

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).