• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Stupid Stupid Stupid

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Stupid Stupid Stupid well that is what spud from Bob the Builder says and I think it applies to me. I was looking for a laser printer on free cycle and someone offered me one which I now have at home still trying to get a driver to load. Anyway it was Bl**dy heavy and I just made my back go out again. So now it delays me from getting into the shed how stupid do I feel well you can imagine.

bigbob

Graduate Member
First Name
Bob
Hate to say this Bob but I got one from Amazon on a deal brand new for £29 posted about a month ago its a Rocoh SP211 and is quite lite. Thats the good news the bad news is about the same time my wifes Canon printer gave up the ghost and as she prints a lot of photos at 300 dpi so uses a lot of ink we agreed that I would buy her the Epson ET-2500 as the ink is cheap and you can buy big refills at reasonable price trouble is she did not like it so now I have 2 bl****y printers in my room and bought her an other Canon.
Hope your back gets better soon I have been suffering from a bad back for over 2 years now and you have my sympathy

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
When Microsoft dumped Windows 10 on me without asking it made my venerable Laser Printer 2300 unviable which made me very cross. I put it in the spare room for months.

In the mean time I bought another HP product an Office Pro 8620 in colour. This time an inkjet.

Two weeks ago fired up the Laser 2300 (6000 copies per refill B&W lo and behold a new software popped in Eureka moment.

Two weeks ago the colour ink ran low on the Inkjet all four cartridges. Solution HP inks at 180 dollars same size set. On line for 28 dollars including delivery 4 new double capacity cartidges. Attempt to run message non standard cartridges cartidges....no go faulty cartidge. So I rang HP questioned the company had a right to isolate and refuse after market, kept going right up to the top man immediately received a new program the printer works perfectly.

The 2300 weighs quite a bit so I understand your back problem and yes mate over 50 yrs of minor to major probs tells me it is so debilitating. Laminectomy of the whole lower 5 done.

Get well soon Derek mate seek help moving things I often do it pays.

Kind regards Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).