• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Tempest with ebonite blank

Bigblackdog

Registered
First Name
Mark
I have just finished turning one of the new tempest click pens. I have heard horror stories about click pena and don't really like the look of the two that tend to be recommended. I am extremely impressed with the quality of this kit, it feels like you would expect a premium pen should. I don't know what the price point will be, but I will be buying some if it is £8 or less. It already comes with a Beaufort ink refill in it, so no need to replace an inferior one.

The photographs do not do the pen justice. The blank was a piece of Cumberland ebonite from sem in Germany. It cut like butter, much easier than the black that I have more experience with using. The black is from american art plastics- the sem seems much better.

I have a couple of ideas for the next one that I turn. The only think that I don't like on this one is my turning! It is a bit bulgy by the end of the clip. I didn't notice until I had assembled it. This one is a keeper- I want to give it some extensive use and see how it holds up. I have no doubt that it will be fine!

Well done Phil. I think that you are onto a winner with this one.

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Grand job Mark. I think this kit is going to be a certain winner. Well done Phil looking forward to whatever else you are working on. :thumbs:

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
Well done Mark. You've done a fine job. You've got to be quick though it seems, if you want to beast the Perrin bloke in the race to post first. I'm delighted you like the kit - thanks for taking a look at it for me.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).