• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Today's work - 3 Knurl GTs

Burt25

First Name
Ian
Just finished off 3 Knurl Twist pens - First on is in Bocote finished in Melamine lacquer and knocked back to a satin finish, Second in Spalted Beech (matt finish) and Third in Thuya Burl finished in Melamine lacquer and polished to high gloss with Mequires Ultra-fine Finish car paint polish. The middle one didnt go as planned - ended up with a few scratched at the end on the black which I hand sanded out, but the wood was quite soft and I took the diameter down more than I hoped so I can now feel the edge of the chrome. Really pleased with the Thuya though - only the second pen I have tried with this wood and it turns beautifully - think I will have to make a trip back to my wood supplier to buy up a load more of this stuff!

Attachments

• Pens 1.jpg
    Pens 1.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 55
  • Pens 2.jpg
    Pens 2.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 56

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Threesome to be proud of the high gloss on the Thuya is an eye catcher mate. Bocote treated this way is a ripper.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).