• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Trip To Warco

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
These are one of the better places to get DRO's.

Machine DRO | Digital Readouts | Engineering | Machinery | Digital Calipers

I've heard lots of horror stories about the cheap glass scales. If I was to fit a DRO to my machine I'd use magnetic scales.
A 2 axis setup for my machine would be about £500.

It's hard enough to justify a DRO but when it costs close to the cost of the machine it's a no brainer, I am sure I can live without one of the expensive ones just as well as I can live without a cheaper one.

Peter

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Well I am coming very close to canceling my order with them I keep getting promises of dispatch but it still hasn't happened I phoned them last week with a promise of dispatch it didnt happen had another promise of dispatch today so I just phoned them and it still hasn't happened the dispatch department is bogged down with orders was there excuse well if every order gets the same type of treatment I cant see them being bogged down with orders in the future I dont think I will be ordering from them again any time soon

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Well I am coming very close to canceling my order with them I keep getting promises of dispatch but it still hasn't happened I phoned them last week with a promise of dispatch it didnt happen had another promise of dispatch today so I just phoned them and it still hasn't happened the dispatch department is bogged down with orders was there excuse well if every order gets the same type of treatment I cant see them being bogged down with orders in the future I dont think I will be ordering from them again any time soon

I would phone them and say you are about to cancel and ask for a discount.

Peter

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I would phone them and say you are about to cancel and ask for a discount.

Peter

I did Peter and they have just phoned me back it is going out today on next day delivery with some extra blades so I should get it tomorrow its just a shame it had to come to that

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I would have said it was right handed, but maybe I don't understand the terminology or the way it will be used. I may put the purchase on hold as yesterday when I looked they had dropped the price of the next mill up by a significant amount, that price drop is not the same today, although the WM14 is now £55 cheaper than when I first looked, so much for the exchange rates pushing prices up.

Peter

To raise and lower the cutter its on the left hand side and above height much easier if you are left handed........just saying for me it would get tiring I am right handed.

Peter.

21William

Fellow
First Name
William
Any chance of a piccy William.

They aren't very exciting. These are for the X, I've moved the table along a bit and slid them over as they're often under the vice in use. I use a Bondhus extra long ball hex to adjust them. The Y are pretty similar.

32ee73426f168456d00e01cfb40ae6e4_zps1vnoff6h.jpg

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I did Peter and they have just phoned me back it is going out today on next day delivery with some extra blades so I should get it tomorrow its just a shame it had to come to that

Lets hope you get it tomorrow, it so disappointing when they don't come through. When I was at the showroom I asked the guy several questions that he couldn't answer and he said I would be better of speaking to the boss as he knows everything about the machinery, I couldn't ask the boss as he was too busy:thinks:

Peter

21William

Fellow
First Name
William
To raise and lower the cutter its on the left hand side and above height much easier if you are left handed........just saying for me it would get tiring I am right handed.

Peter.

I can, and I know some do, but I was taught not to extend the quill for milling operations. Getting a good finish is all about maintaining the rigidity of the machine so it's best to raise the table on a mill with a knee or lower the head on smaller mills.
I only ever extend the quill for drilling operations.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
They aren't very exciting. These are for the X, I've moved the table along a bit and slid them over as they're often under the vice in use. I use a Bondhus extra long ball hex to adjust them. The Y are pretty similar.

I thank you as well for the pics mate.

Peter.

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark

Thanks William, sure my mill only had a slot not a T slot, will have a look this arvo.

Peter.

Sent from my D6683 using Tapatalk

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
The apron of leather covering the front and back movement keeps the swarf away, some dust dropped down when I shifted it up to take pics.

I have done the same on the other side holding it on either side this time, too difficult to stand on my head to get pics of this. This is how it looks after many years of use, never cleaned there.

Peter.

Attachments

• DSCF0001.JPG
    DSCF0001.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCF0002.JPG
    DSCF0002.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 30

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).