• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Tru Oil

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Penfold1 has some tru oil for sale. It has been for sale for a while, I don't know if he will post it or not.

Peter

Bigblackdog

Registered
First Name
Mark
it is expensive, but a little goes a long way- seriously, a couple of drops. the 2nd bottle up seems to be the best value I think. Dont buy the 32oz bottle, because it will take years to use up and it does have a shelf life

21William

Fellow
First Name
William
If Tru oil has a shelf life then that recipe is even more attractive as I expect the ingredients would last a long time unmixed.

EStreet

Registered
First Name
Ed
Truoil is solvent, modified oil and linseed oil. A.k.a. Stoddant solvent, White spirit. So you take 1 part bees wax, 1 part turpentine or white spirit, 1 part linseed oil. Melt them and stir. It forms a toothpaste like substance you can polish with. It's an old ww2 battle dressing used with the m1 garand and Lee infield's. The oil portion is proprietary to birch wood Casey but it's just a lubricant and any lube will work in this case. If you want a more liquid consistency then sub the beeswax with something that will not gel.

EStreet

Registered
First Name
Ed
Also, you can sub linseed oil with Danish oil, tung oil, boiled linseed oil, teak oil, and a slew of other items of a similar nature.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).