• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Unknown material

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Hi Don

Apart from the couple of sample packs of all the colours I have as a fitter, (those are only 100 mm square), I have offcuts left of only 3 of the kitchens I've fitted and that's one of them which without checking I'm sure is "biscuit".

400g is the normal finish on a kitchen worktop application but I've done a couple to 600g and on pens I go to 4000 micromesh and then chrome polish which gives a mirror shine.

donwatson

Fellow
First Name
Donald
Hi Don

Apart from the couple of sample packs of all the colours I have as a fitter, (those are only 100 mm square), I have offcuts left of only 3 of the kitchens I've fitted and that's one of them which without checking I'm sure is "biscuit".

400g is the normal finish on a kitchen worktop application but I've done a couple to 600g and on pens I go to 4000 micromesh and then chrome polish which gives a mirror shine.

Thanks lons,
I will try that chrome polish finish on the next one. I have a couple of pieces left so plenty of things to try out.
One other thing I had with this material, when drilling I had mostly the shavings shown but there was also some dust, like talc, that seemed to stick to every surface.
I will use water when I sand the next one.:thumbs:

ni9eofse7en

Registered
First Name
John
Like it, plastic fantastic. Will have to check out mistral, I know deep down Brian loves plastic. :banana::banana:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).