• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Visit from a couple of friends

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Had a nice couple of hours catch up when two friends dropped in on Friday, one of them looks like Frankies' monster, any guesses? :wink::ciggrin:

Here's a clue.

Attachments

• scar.jpg
    scar.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 48

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Not me!
I had an incredibly ugly nurse remove all my body hair!
stitch.JPG

Lovely to see you and Sue Bob:thumbs:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I hope you are on the mend, don't forget to use Bio-Oil.

Peter

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Many times I have heard the expression got the zip mate and you certainly did. So happy Neil you are recovering enough to get out and about with friends. My brush with hospital removed body hair, strange feeling in itself.

Thanks for sharing Bob.

Peter.

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Not me!
I had an incredibly ugly nurse remove all my body hair!
View attachment 29448

Lovely to see you and Sue Bob:thumbs:

The zip is a better scar than yours Neil (especially the one which goes right to your groin and you insisted on displaying :whistling::funny:). Bet you'd rather have had a tatoo than the surgeons' knife. :thinks:

For everyone else, we we're shocked when we saw Neil. In fact I thought Ali had found herself a new bloke he looked so well.

Hope Ali had a great birthday and you drank Walters' cellar dry. :ciggrin:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Sounds like a great day and that Neil is able to travel and get a dose of woodturning even though it is only talking about it.

Hope Ali had a great birthday and you drank Walters' cellar dry. :ciggrin:

Walter probably drank it all before they arrived or hid it

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Had a great time thanks chaps.

The chances of drinking Walters cellars dry are a bit slim to say the least!:funny:

To be honest Mrs.Lonsdale is an ex nurse, so her first reaction was to demand to see my scars and pass judgement!

Bob however, was more concerned with his coiffure! I can't believe he thought his hair was too long and had to nip to the Barbers whilst we were there!:funny:

I wasn't the only "Patient" there, and I'm sure Walter will not mind me telling you he is just recovering from a knee replacement. Ali and Edith are now completely fed up with hospitals, and we both need to get better soon or else!:whistling:

I'm still at least 7 weeks off being declared fit enough to chainsaw, but I'm now being encouraged to do whatever I ever did in bite size pieces, so small scale turning is back on the agenda.:thumbs:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
I'm still at least 7 weeks off being declared fit enough to chainsaw, but I'm now being encouraged to do whatever I ever did in bite size pieces, so small scale turning is back on the agenda.:thumbs:

Heading in the right direction Neil soon be turning out all those pens and bowls

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Bob however, was more concerned with his coiffure! I can't believe he thought his hair was too long and had to nip to the Barbers whilst we were there!

Hmm.. inspecting Neils's scars or having a blonde bombshell running her fingers though my hair - tough choice but someone had to make it! :funny::funny::funny:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).