• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

What do you use to apply melamine

martin.pearson

First Name
Martin
Not been on the forum for a long time but have made a few pens lately & was wondering what the experts on the forum use to apply sanding sealer & melamine coatings.
Something that doesn't fall apart or leave little bits of itself everywhere lol. I was using some kitchen towel but I am sure the quilted nature of it is affecting the finish.

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
If you click on Tutorials at the top of the screen and then on Finishing you will find a Comprehensive Guide on using Melamine composed by Phil Dart:thumbs:

martin.pearson

First Name
Martin
Thanks, that's old age for you. I actually read that a few years ago, it is where I got all my info about using melamine from. Completely forgot all about it lol

Blue roll was never a lot of good for me because some of the cleaning stuff I used like IPA use to take the dye out of it so everything turned blue but I did use to use the while version of the paper roll & that was probably what I had when I was doing this before.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).