• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

What Else Can I Do

Peter-J

Apprentice Member
First Name
Peter
Hi There,

As you know I just joined the forum and I'm totally new to this. The machine I purchased below is specifically for pen making I'm told but are there other things I can make on it with the extras I've got.

Regards Peter

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
Once you have got some practice under your belt you'll be able to do light pulls and lace bobbins.
There will be other stuff, but that's what comes to mind straight away :thumbs:

Sgreen

Registered
First Name
Simon
In December there is to be a big birthday celebration (around the 25th) Neil and some others on this forum have put some pictures of decorations for that very event.
They look like a god project to start with.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Spinning tops, cup & ball:thumbs:

Peter

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Bird houses, Christmas Decorations, Garden dibbers, Honey dibbers, spurtals, flour scoops and fisherman priests.

I am sure there are many more

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Now you have the piece of kit to spin wood then you can make anything that will fit over the bed, between the centres and still spin..:winking:

Your only limitation Peter is your own imagination..

Hit the you tube for woodturning and you will be supprised what you can do.

Look forward to seeing the fruits of your labour. But pens are a good starting point to learn how to use a lathe and tooling.

Peter-J

Apprentice Member
First Name
Peter
Thank You

That was really helpful. I didn't realise there was so many things. As you say get use to the machine first and watch the tutorials on You Tube.

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
In December there is to be a big birthday celebration (around the 25th) Neil and some others on this forum have put some pictures of decorations for that very event.
They look like a god project to start with.
I admire your restraint in managing to not use the C word in October Simon. If I could award you points, I would.:winking:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I admire your restraint in managing to not use the C word in October Simon. If I could award you points, I would.:winking:

Just wait until November, it's fair game then:whistling:

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).