• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Why am I getting mortgage

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Every time I log on to the forum I keep getting Penturners forum wants to download files and I get a load of your mortgage payment and when I took a look in my downloads there were 6 files in there has the forum been hacked now this is getting annoying everytime I do something on here they pop up just had another 4 pop up

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Dunno mate I've just logged in after coming back off holiday & its logged me in no bother mate

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I've never had a problem with anything like that.

Peter

Bigblackdog

Registered
First Name
Mark
i just had this on ukworkshop when i clicked "unread posts". it stopped after about 30 minutes and didnt do it again.

21William

Fellow
First Name
William
The mortgage thing is doing the rounds on some other forums at the moment. I guess you're using Windows as it doesn't seem to effect others. I think you need to turn auto download off or something but I no longer use Windows.

bassethound

Executive Member
First Name
Ted
Never had that problem myself, could be whatever browser you are using etc don't get any adverts as I use a blocker!

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Thanks guys I think I have it sorted now it did start on here but then I started getting it on other sites just deleted about 20 downloads from them

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Not had that problem Woody but something similar I suppose! Every time I log into the forum I get pictures of naked ladies performing some very indecent acts. It is really annoying I have logged in 65 times today and there they are getting up to all sorts of things. I will give it another 30 or 40 try's this evening and hopefully by tommorow things will have not changed.

:winking::winking::winking:

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
Hope you've solved it Woody. I feel really sorry for Vic poor old sod having to put up with all that flesh!:funny::funny::funny:

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
I could be wrong but it sounds to me Woody, like you have some sort of malware infecting your computer. Ad blockers mask the symptoms but anti-malware software cures the cause.

bassethound

Executive Member
First Name
Ted
Even with Adblock you should really use Malwarebytes as you can see with my screenshot, and mine is a quite secure system!

ScreenShot002.jpg

:rolling:

Winemaker

Registered
First Name
Tom
What gets me is I look at something on Amazon or E-bay then come on here and there is what I have been looking in an advert :thinks::thinks:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).