• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Yari Blue Lagoon

qquake2k

Fellow
First Name
Jim
My third Yari pen, this one in hardite and gunmetal finish. The blank is a Stardust Blue Lagoon from Exotic blanks. The blank is pretty, but there are metal particles suspended in the resin. From the website description: "A very pretty royal blue pearl is accented with silver metallic "stardust" particles suspended in the resin." They are obviously bits of aluminum, and in my opinion, are unnecessary. The blank would have been prettier without them, I think. As it is, the aluminum bits are a little distracting. They look like they shouldn't be there.

Attachments

• 046.JPG
    046.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 047.JPG
    047.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 048.JPG
    048.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 049.JPG
    049.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 039.JPG
    039.JPG
    257.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 043.JPG
    043.JPG
    213.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 46

fortress

Registered
First Name
John
Nicely finished pen Jim, and yes the particles look out of place like they shouldn't be there. :thumbs:

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Well I like it, and if it's ali then they look superb in the finished pen.

Don't know what you old farts are grumping about.. :fart:

Nice pen Jim, and if you hadn't realised I like the blank:thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
Its a nice pen Jim, plus i like the colour of the blank, the particles are an extra that the blank doesn't need .. :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).