• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

waterbuffalo

First Name
nigel
and i actually get paid for this one...wooohooo :)
i know its not your typical yarn bowl, but i like to be as different as possible

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
That's got a nice shape and character in that, what's not to like, well done on that:thumbs::thumbs:

waterbuffalo

First Name
nigel
Lovely shape and the finish is spot on top quality.

On your way to your first million now. Remember us when you are at the top! :winking:

thank you Eamonn. only another 33,300 bowls to go lol..finish was just a cheapo can of spray lacquer from lidl, cost me 3 quid iirc. took a while to dry but polished up real nice

waterbuffalo

First Name
nigel
£30 is far too cheap in my humble opinion, but then again I have only ever sold 5 pens :goesred:

then you are 5 pens ahead of me lol...ive not sold anything...i give it to family or my wife commandeers it...but the young lady who asked my to make it works in a local corner shop for minimum wage, so i just charged a cursory amount...the wood was free so it was just my time she paid for...im ok with it, maybe another commission will come from it, who knows :thumbs:

TVS

Fellow
First Name
Woody
That is very nice your on your way to building a reputation well done and good luck

waterbuffalo

First Name
nigel
UPDATE
yarn bowl has gone to its new home, she was delighted and actually called it " stunning ". (not sure about that, but who am i to judge )
she also paid a tenner extra so its a win win as far as im concerned
today was a good day, hope yours was too :thumbs:

Garno

Fellow
First Name
Gary
UPDATE
yarn bowl has gone to its new home, she was delighted and actually called it " stunning ". (not sure about that, but who am i to judge )
she also paid a tenner extra so its a win win as far as im concerned
today was a good day, hope yours was too :thumbs:

Still too cheap :whistling:

Try to remember your first sale :banana::banana::banana: (not too difficult for me as my first purchased 5 pens, not sold a thing since :funny: )

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).