• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

30/06 Twist

Les ELm

Executive Member
First Name
Les
I cut the casing head and casing neck off a 30/06 casing, drilled out a lead free FMJ 30 caliber bullet to accept a
Cross refill.
Applied an Elk to a piece of curly maple using Testors Clear Waterslide Decal and finished with 10 coats of
Thin CA using my Dipping Method that I'm still working on the perfect the process.

Les

DSC02638%20Custom.jpg

DSC02635%20Custom.jpg

DSC02641%20Custom.jpg

AllenN

Fellow
First Name
Allen
Nice work Les, although I am intrigued why you want to develop CA dipping when so many of us would love to abandon CA because of the fumes? Maybe you can find a way to control the latter.

Les ELm

Executive Member
First Name
Les
**GOOD THINKING LES**:thumbs::thumbs:
Nicely Done.
I've done many decal pens. On the lathe I keep adding coats of CA until I
think there's enough.
Do you actually dip the barrel into CA?

Angelo,

Yes, I dip the whole barrel in a tall small diameter container of Thin CA.
So far there has bee no requirement do do any sanding on the Thin CA.:thumbs:

Les

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).