• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

A modern day Quill

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
That's an interesting thought Peter. Id be concerned with the width of the nib being wider than the section though. I am thinking of recessing a grommet within.

Yes, I didn't notice that, you will always be restricted by the width of the nib being wider than the section, I look forward to see how you overcome that:thumbs:

Peter

BradG

First Name
Brad
Yes, I didn't notice that, you will always be restricted by the width of the nib being wider than the section, I look forward to see how you overcome that:thumbs:

Peter

not always as the section on this is handmade too, though I agree on any conventional kit nib the nib will always be wider. With it's taper, the section is 11mm wide at it's widest point, so I figure if the O-Ring grips it with an ID of 10mm, the nib should sail through fine and the top piece of the section should grip snugly. I foresee trial and error looming :biggrin:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
not always as the section on this is handmade too, though I agree on any conventional kit nib the nib will always be wider. With it's taper, the section is 11mm wide at it's widest point, so I figure if the O-Ring grips it with an ID of 10mm, the nib should sail through fine and the top piece of the section should grip snugly. I foresee trial and error looming :biggrin:

I don't know it it was a typo but I think most kit nibs are not as wide as the section, the 6 I have just measured, nibs are not as wide as the section.

O-rings sound good.

Peter

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Your conversations Brad and Peter have sent me to watch and digest more U Tube videos on fountain pens I find this fascinating.

Peter.

BradG

First Name
Brad
Yes Peter, I agree with you. I must have been having a blonde moment :whistling:

On this tapered one though, most certainly wider :biggrin:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).