• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Advice please

Winemaker

Registered
First Name
Tom
I store my bowls etc in a plastic storage box under my stairs not the driest place but not damp some of them are getting a green surface mold :thinks:. I can't under stand why its only one or two I finish them all with the same BLO and they are different woods I have cleaned them off and wax polished them to try to stop it happening again. Anyone come across this problem any advice welcome. :praying:
Many thanks Tom

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Air flow.

Peter

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I find it interesting the way conditions in the UK vary so vastly from those here. So many problems. In the tropics in linen cupboards, the practice used to be to leave an incandescent lamp on continuously that cured their problem.

Peter.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Before reading any other reply I would say Air flow and are you stacking them in stick as well. Drill some big holes in the sides just tell the missus it is mice:whistling::whistling::whistling:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).