• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

alumilite casting

Bigblackdog

Registered
First Name
Mark
Is anybody able and willing to cast any alumilite blanks for me, or point me to a UK source where I can buy them? I am looking for a some (4 or 5) navy blue solid blanks, and a couple of a light blue metallic- presumably a light blue with a bit of powder swirled in it. The latter are for a commissioned pen from my 5 year old daughter!!

They must be alumilite/PU resin because it threads and turns so nicely.

I am happy to take both as blocks if that is easier. I am not looking for a freebie, or a special favour, I just dont know of anybody who sells alumilite blanks.

Thanks in advance
Mark

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I sought out Alumilite blanks many years ago when they were new now they have gone yellow, brittle as in my stash. Over time the chemistry has had time to improve. My mate ran out black blanks he had made with flashes of silver in them, I had a few of his, gave them to him he blew all three, then bought from an Aussie maker who sells through Timberbits, total success.

Peter.

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
I sought out Alumilite blanks many years ago when they were new now they have gone yellow, brittle as in my stash. Over time the chemistry has had time to improve. My mate ran out black blanks he had made with flashes of silver in them, I had a few of his, gave them to him he blew all three, then bought from an Aussie maker who sells through Timberbits, total success.

Peter.

Thanks Peter, I have a stack of them, something else to look forwards to.:sob::sob::vangry::ciggrin:

fingwe

Registered
First Name
Melanie
Mark,

If no one else has volunteered, let me know - I'm sure I can do something for you.

Melanie

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).