• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Axminster Slimline

mdcotton

Apprentice Member
First Name
Mark
so grateful for all your kind comments from my post over the weekend. buoyed by the new found confidence i have this time used a standard axminster slim line Pen kit with Padouk, 2 coats cellulose sanding sealer, danish oil and CA glue x 4, finished to 15000 grit and t-cut. would appreciate any feedback, good or bad, and perhaps suggestions as to how i could finish it differently ?
regards
mark
DSC_5782.jpg

Jim

Grand Master
A cracking job Mark, Padauk is a favourite of mine, especially when segmenting .. A nice pen indeed .. :thumbs:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
It looks nice:thumbs:

Peter

Bammer

Fellow
First Name
Brad
Nice Mark.

Plenty of ways to finish a pen.

My preferred method at the moment is Acrylic Laquer, I only use CA these days for what it is meant for ...

The laquer also allows me to finish pen in batches

But I'm always looking for something to make it better, been testing Les Elms dipping method but just cannot find anything that's comparable to the miniwax he uses over here .. BUT .... nearly there

This game is like fishing, everyone knows something, no-one knows everything ...

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Lovely pen Mark I have nothing to add go for it mate keep doing what made this pen so nice. The cap has beaut grain as well.

Peter.

Scots Bill

Registered
First Name
Bill
I think you are doing just fine Mark. All the above advice could be tried, but if you are happy as you are! As they say if it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Very nice Mark you have produced a fine looking pen I cant see the need for the danish oil

glenpen

Graduate Member
First Name
Glen
Nice Mark.

Plenty of ways to finish a pen.

My preferred method at the moment is Acrylic Laquer, I only use CA these days for what it is meant for ...

The laquer also allows me to finish pen in batches

But I'm always looking for something to make it better, been testing Les Elms dipping method but just cannot find anything that's comparable to the miniwax he uses over here .. BUT .... nearly there

This game is like fishing, everyone knows something, no-one knows everything ...

Brad
What Acrylic Laquer do you use
Glen

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).