• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Beech with a painted rim and resin inlay

scouseroy

Graduate Member
First Name
Roy
I still need to tidy up the edges a bit but have to wait a week or so for the resin to fully cure 13995434_10210064068427746_3730942476892344275_o.jpg14047342_10210064068467747_7534617633772151161_o.jpg sorry again for the picture quality my Camera is broke so have to use my phone.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
It's looking good:thumbs: is the centre off-set or is that just a trick of the angle of the photo?

Peter

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Glad you will give the rim on the outside a lift with finish mate what a beautiful bowl, the painted effect is outstanding with that terrific colour of the timber in the centre emphasising the painterly section.

Peter.

Terry Q

Fellow
First Name
Terry
Roy how big is the bowl? How deep is the groove the resin is sitting in? Did you leave the groove rough to help hold the resin? Will you do any polishing of the resin? Very interesting bowl and well done.:thumbs:

scouseroy

Graduate Member
First Name
Roy
Roy how big is the bowl? How deep is the groove the resin is sitting in? Did you leave the groove rough to help hold the resin? Will you do any polishing of the resin? Very interesting bowl and well done.:thumbs:
bowl is 8 inch diameter, the groove for the resin is about +-1cm deep and recessed slightly on both sides sanded only to 120 and a coat of sanding sealer to stop the resin soaking into the wood filled to the brim and slightly domed as resin does shrink a little,I will polish it once its full cured (in about a week) and I have tidied the rim a bit

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).