• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

British Made Stainless Kits

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Haven't read this whole thread so don't know if you've named this pen or not Dan, but how about naming any sequence after iconic British engineers such as Brunel, Stephenson, Telford, Gresley, or famous people from the past, Drake, Nelson, Montgomery?

Having said that a degree of caution would be required, calling one the Barnes Wallis could be counter productive!

Neat to hear from you Neil I would be vitally interested in your views on fountain pens etc.

Kind regards for Christmas.

Peter.

Bob Ellis

Graduate Member
First Name
Bob
I like consistency. You have named your other pens after letters of the Greek alphabet. Why not just choose another name from that range?

I would be interested in a titanium version. When I ask customers what attributes they want from a pen, lightness is often mentioned.

Chillicamper

Registered
First Name
David
Not been around much recently, but just seen this. A titanium version would be brilliant if the cost was not excessive.

How about names of early steam locos for British made pens - Salamanca, Locomotion, Rocket etc

First Name
Dan
A little update.

I have just received my PVD samples. Gunmetal Mirror and Rose Gold.

c9e9c03a98c2cbf0c1c711b34a727565.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
you only have to remember what a flop Captain Kirk's lingerie range was though personally I think "Shatner knickers" was doomed from the start :rolling:

Hmmm... Do you think Thatchers bloomers might be worth a thought or too political :winking::whistling:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
What about naming them after Cathedral cities.

Bristol
Canterbury
Carlisle
Chester
Chichester
Durham
Ely
Exeter
Gloucester
Hereford
Lichfield
Lincoln
Norwich
Oxford
Peterborough
Ripon
Rochester
Salisbury
Southwell
Wells
Winchester
Worcester
York

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
You'll upset some if you don't mention Sunderland which was granted city status in 1992.

First Name
Dan
What about naming them after Cathedral cities.

Bristol
Canterbury
Carlisle
Chester
Chichester
Durham
Ely
Exeter
Gloucester
Hereford
Lichfield
Lincoln
Norwich
Oxford
Peterborough
Ripon
Rochester
Salisbury
Southwell
Wells
Winchester
Worcester
York
Mild Cheddar, medium Cheddar and strong Cheddar?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).