• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Budget pen press

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
That is what I was thinking about making but couldn't find a good quality Toggle clamp after looking at yours and Jims link on I went ebay and orderd one £12.80 thank you for showing it Terry and thank you Jim for the link they recon I will have it on WED

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
That is what I was thinking about making but couldn't find a good quality Toggle clamp after looking at yours and Jims link on I went ebay and orderd one £12.80 thank you for showing it Terry and thank you Jim for the link they recon I will have it on WED

Woody after Frankie made an acetal block to fit on the end of the bolt for me I managed to acquire some 30mm acetal round bar. If you pm me your address I can send some over to you if you wish. All you need do is drill and tap the bar to suit the bolt. It is great for protecting the pen parts when pressing!!!!

Old Corky

Hello Terry, can you tell me where and what to look fo,r for the press you used to make your pen press. I have a commercial made pen press but don't like it that well.

Many Thanks

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Looks like there aren't many left ...just paid my £12.80 for one before they all go.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Thank you Terry for the idea and for sending me the acetal round bar I have made one up but I forgot that you had raiser yours up I may have to raise mine up a bit but a test run will tell still that wont take to long I had to make a quick dash to the hardware store I had got rid of all my drill bits for metal after selling up it is surprising all the little things you accumulate over the years that you take for granted I hadn't given it a thought till it come to drilling the holes then when it come to assemble it I found I had no round head screws and I gave boxes of them away still I can get them at a latter date
DSCF1286 (2).JPG

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
Terry this is one share that has worked out exactly as I would have wished I'm glad so many have benefited well done Frankie :winking:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Pat each other on the back and say bloody well done from me well done both of you and a big thank you I'm going to test mine today hope it works LOL

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Ed I would have sent some 50mm angle iron to you but unfortunately I gave my last piece to Woody!!!

Thanks Terry but no probs I've bodged up a temporary wooden block arrangement ...which works well....until I get proper sorted .

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).